These bitesize frozen yoghurt kisses are not only super simple, they’re super cute too! They make a great snack for parties or on the go, and can be eaten alone or used to top other desserts. Best of all, they’re really healthy – high protein, low fat, and controllable sugar. What’s not to like?
Time: 10 minutes prep, 4+ hours in the freezer
Dietary: Nut free, gluten free, suitable for vegetarians
Store: Up to three months in an airtight container in the freezer
- 500g plain/Greek yoghurt (experiment with flavoured versions if you like for stronger tastes)
- Chocolate or caramel dessert sauce, lemon or orange curd, seedless jams or similar (all optional – leave out for even healthier Fro Yo Kisses.)
- Non-stick baking tray (or other solid flat surface, like a chopping board – it will need to fit in your freezer)
- A large piping bag
- Icing nozzle (I use a Wilton 2D, but any will do)
- Palette knife or other flat blade
- Attach nozzle to piping bag (either place the nozzle in a reusable icing bag, or cut off the end of a plastic disposable one and insert nozzle).
- Optional: If you’re using an optional sauce, curd or jam, ‘paint’ lines down the inside of the bag using your chosen ingredient.
- Pour the yoghurt into icing bag and pipe kisses evenly onto your tray. For these ones, I simply squeezed the bag, pushed down towards the tray, then let go and lifted the bag evenly.
- Shake sprinkles over the top.
- Put in the freezer for 4+ hours.
- Use a palette knife or other flat blade to carefully remove the kisses from the tray. Be careful about touching them with your hands too much or they’ll get a bit melty!
- Eat! Or store in an air tight box in the freezer for up to three months.
I always keep a batch of Frozen Yoghurt Kisses to hand: they’re perfect for barbecue season and light snacks on hot sunny days. They’re also great if you’re trying to eat more healthily because you have a ready-to-go snack you can grab instead of reaching for the biscuits when you want something sweet.
Pin for later: